Manufacturing Engineer II
DRS Technologies •
DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Crystal City, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS NIS is located on the East coast of Florida in Melbourne. DRS NIS is a leading designer and manufacturer of highly engineered, technically advanced, defense electronics for U.S. and allied international military and intelligence agency applications. DRS NIS manufactures rugged communications interfaces serving military Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Intelligence and Surveillance (C4ISR) initiatives. Products include hand-held devices, targeting scopes, night vision optics, laptop computers and vehicle-mounted systems supporting man-portable and fighting vehicle applications. DRS’s specialty is equipment that allows communication between broad spectrums of battlefield interfaces.
Job title- Engineer II - Manufacturing
Provide direct engineering support to manufacturing operations. Perform design, fabrication, modification and/or evaluation of manufacturing operations. May prepare plans, conduct support studies, and provide analysis or tests in the development of manufacturing operations. May assign work to drafters and/or technicians.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide direct engineering support to manufacturing operations. Perform design, fabrication, modification and/or evaluation of manufacturing operations.
- Develop fixtures and tools for new product assembly.
- Troubleshoot hardware for failure analysis, writing reports, and implementing corrective actions.
- Participate in Change Control Board & Failure Review Board meetings.
- Create and update Assembly Instruction and Work Flow Routes
- Conduct support studies, provide analysis or tests
- Responsibilities are moderate in scope where analysis of situations or data involves a variety of common factors
- Only general guidance is needed on routine work; instructions on new assignments as needed
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience and a minimum of 2 years of experience
- Experience with Computer & Data equipment assembly and testing is preferred
Physical Requirements (Lifting, Walking, Bending, Stooping kneeling etc.):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, climb, bend, lift, stand, and stoop.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
DRS Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #DLE
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC