Manufacturing Engineer IV
DRS Technologies •
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture, which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS Airborne & Intelligence Systems, Germantown, MD specializes in communications-surveillance products that meld both RF and DSP technologies and is a leading worldwide supplier of high-quality signal-intercept equipment. We provide creative RF solutions to the Department of Defense and prime contractors. The facility designs and manufactures HF, VHF, and SHF tuners and receivers, demodulators, direction finders and wireless intercept solutions.
Job Location: Germantown, MD
Job Title: Engineer IV Manufacturing
Apply advanced manufacturing engineering principles in support of the design and manufacturing of highly complex circuit cards, machined parts, cable assemblies and final products. Interfacing as appropriate with engineering, quality, manufacturing, and supply chain to recommend design and process changes that achieve improved quality and cost effectiveness. Coordinate initial builds with design team and outsource manufactures. Initiate and participate in failure investigations, root cause analyses, implementing corrective actions. Evaluate current technologies for cost reduction and production improvement including development new systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and improve processes for new components, materials, and product designs in collaboration with the engineering, manufacturing and quality teams.
- Utilize DFX tools and checklists for improving designs and build issues for a smooth transition from development to production.
- Review and approve drawings, designs and standard work
- Oversee contract manufacturers to support initial builds for DFX, process improvement, cost reduction, and quick turns
- Lead/Support the new product introduction process for DRS products
- Develop manufacturing flow and capacity plans
- Create and maintain work instructions
- Participate in the resolution of technical issues
- Initiate, participate, and manage Lean Six Sigma and CI projects
- Support bid and proposal efforts
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or manufacturing discipline required
- Demonstrated success in designing and implementing manufacturing processes that meet cost, productivity, and run rate expectations while satisfying product quality and capability expectations.
- Demonstrated experience implementing continuous improvement initiatives
- Process engineering experience in circuit card manufacturing desired
- Lean/Six sigma green belt desired
- Experience with LabVIEW
Leonardo DRS, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #AIS
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)