Manufacturing Engineer IV
DRS Technologies •
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information, please visit our website at www.LeonardoDRS.com.
LEONARDO DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
Manufacturing Engineer IV
Apply advanced engineering principles to perform complex functions in the design, fabrication, modification and/or evaluation of manufacturing operations. Prepare complicated plans, conduct complex support studies and provide analysis or tests in the development of manufacturing operations. May plan, conduct, and/or technically direct a project or portion of a project. Analyze complex technical problems and recommend corrective actions.
Primary and Essential Accountabilities
Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization.
- Applies advanced engineering principles to perform complex functions in the design, fabrication, modification and/or evaluation of manufacturing operations. Develop fixtures and tools for new product assembly.
- Support Production operations and Development Engineering with expertise and provides alternative design options for complex systems.
- Participate in confidence and qualification testing.
- Troubleshooting hardware for failure analysis, writing reports, and implementing corrective actions.
- Participate in Change Control Board & Failure Review Board meetings
- Creates and updates complicated Assembly Instructions and Work Flows / Routes, conducts complex support studies and provides analysis or tests in the development of manufacturing operations. May plan, conduct, and/or technically direct a project or portion thereof.
- Support Bid & Proposal efforts as required.
- Lead DFX tasks, analysis, briefings and reports.
- Perform prototype assembly including documenting issues and improvements.
- Responsibilities are complex in scope where detailed analysis of situations or data involves variable factors.
- Acts independently, is able to determine methods/procedures on new/special assignments.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Bachelor’s degree in an applicable engineering field with 8+ years progressively complex engineering experience or equivalent combination of education/training and experience
Proficient in MS office products that include MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, & Visio.
- Proficient with Pro-E/Creo or Solidworks CAD Design experience preferred .
- Proficient with Pro-E/Creo 3D Viewer or equivalent CAD viewer required.
- Knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma preferred.
- Experience with EOIR and Network computing products is preferred.
Specialties may include production, industrial, welding, tooling, testing, processing, and robotics.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level or work being performed by people assigned to this position. They set the minimum requirements, responsibilities, and skills required of the position. Physical requirements and work conditions do not include accommodations; they are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. This document combined with other document(s); such as a position requisition, including site-specific skill requirements is considered a complete outline of the job description.
Leonardo DRS and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)