The Boeing Company is recruiting for Manufacturing Engineer(s) to help develop and implement production and tooling methodologies for our Space Launch Systems located in New Orleans, LA.
- Participates on Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) to integrate technical solutions across multiple disciplines.
- Develops, identifies and implements conceptual designs and maintains the program architecture for build.
- Leads and implements manufacturing plans.
- Conducts producibility and variation analyses to ensure that manufacturing process capability matches requirements.
- Assists in providing producibility information for inclusion in project plans and helps document producibility best practices.
- Assist in design/build concepts to evaluate producible design/build definitions.
- Under guidance of senior leadership helps resolves technical problems of significant impact to performance, cost or schedule.
- Assist with coordinating and implements new engineering principles, theories, advanced technologies and concepts.
- Validates and ensures production readiness of solutions to complex problems. Implements lean principles and technologies.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
This is a safety-sensitive position and is subject to NASA (DOT) random drug and alcohol testing.
This position requires the ability to obtain a clearance for access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Candidate must have meet all academic qualifications to graduate in Spring of 2020 in an engineering field of study.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree required from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry is required.
- Knowledge in CAD/CAM software applications for build plan sequencing.
- Knowledge of electrical/mechanical manufacturing processes
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- ABET accreditation degree preferred.
- Knowledge of design engineering processes and effects to manufacturing
- Knowledge in Computer Added Manufacturing Processes
- Ability to work shipside with manufacturing support and manufacturing build team
Typical Education and Experience
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.