ALOFT AeroArchitects •
We are actively searching for a Mechanical Engineer who will contribute to the Company's success through design and development, working within project teams, with external vendors and other work groups to further develop new product lines, and to fine-tune existing products. The ideal candidate with have experience focusing in electro-mechanical product design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Research, develop, analyze, design, and test company products using engineering and scientific principles. Analyze and verify product design and performance for adequacy, including feasibility, reliability, and durability.
- Research and develop material and processes that support the translation from abstract concepts to functional products.
- Apply knowledge of engineering and scientific methods and tools to define and characterize behavior of products, services, and processes.
- Integrate technical, cost, value, and safety considerations into the product definition to comply with customer, regulatory, and company requirements; documents results in drawings, data sets, reports, specifications, and supporting data.Interface with other members of project or program teams, management, and technical staff to define and implement engineering solutions to meet group, organization, and company objectives.
- Apply knowledge of mechanical operating system design, materials, design definition principles, and regulatory/requirements in order to create mechanical system designs.Evaluate designs and perform trade studies for performance, functional adequacy, cost effectiveness, and regulatory compliance.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- 4 or more years of experience Mechanical / Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- Working knowledge of machine shop fabrication techniques (milling, turning, sheet metal, welding)
- Working knowledge of design for manufacture and assembly techniques and design tolerance analysis
- Experience with AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Inventor and / or CATIA software
Job Ident #: