Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems.
We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the industrial champions.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Metals / Metallurgical Engineers are needed to support the goals and objectives of the various Boeing commercial programs (737/747/767/777/787) and projects being conducted by Boeing Research & Technology (BR&T) in Japan and Asian region (South Korea, Malaysia, etc). BR&T is currently supporting Boeing serialized production and the integration of manufacturing technologies in this region. We are looking for engineers who can lead and work collaboratively on metals-related issues and act as the company representative at supplier, sub-tier supplier, and academic premises.
- Support audit programs to qualify suppliers to applicable requirements and production schedule need dates.
- Ensure materials, processes and equipment readiness for qualification.
- Conduct root-cause and corrective action activities to ensure manufactured parts and processes meet engineering and regulatory requirements.
- Interface with stakeholders in Boeing procurement and quality organizations and Boeing Suppliers to ensure M&P support is integrated with airplane schedule and rate requirements.
- Participate in various Research & Development (R&D) projects to develop new and innovative materials and processes to improve production quality, safety, and reduce production costs and flows.
Other job related information
Candidate must be eligible to be stationed Nagoya and work in Japan.
Travel up to 25 will be required within Japan and other Asian countries (South Korea, Malaysia, etc.) to fulfill this work statement at Boeing suppliers and to USA as needed.
Offered as a renewable fixed-term one-year contract. Contract may convert to open-ended depending on performance and business needs.