At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing, we create the future — of mobility, autonomy, speed, endurance, space access and exploration, undersea vehicles, cybersecurity, communication and much, much more. We connect people, products and ideas around the world. We protect people and nations. We explore the mysteries of the universe from seabed to space to cyberspace. We inspire future generations of innovators, dreamers and doers.
We are Boeing Research & Technology: Boeings global research and development team creating and implementing innovative technologies that make the impossible possible and enabling the future of aerospace. We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and bold innovators; working to create world class propulsion solutions. Join us and put your passion, determination, and skill to work building the future! TheFutureIsBuiltHere ChangeTheWorld
The Propulsion South Carolina Materials & Process Engineering team is looking for a Mid-Level engineer with expertise in fasteners and assembly processes.
This role will be responsible for defining requirements and approving design drawings, tools, equipment, materials, parts and processes used in the engineering design, manufacture and/or maintenance of nacelles for commercial airplanes; and managing test and audit programs to qualify Boeing and suppliers to applicable requirements.
- Produces specifications and other documents to manage the deployment of tools, equipment, materials, parts and processes.
- Maintains compliance with contractual and regulatory obligations. Promotes standardization across business activities.
- Evaluates emerging technologies for potential application to business needs.
- Develops and qualifies new tools, equipment, materials, parts and processes to meet requirements.
- Integrates new technologies as appropriate. Conducts analysis to characterize performance or determine reasons for failure of tools, materials, parts or processes.
- Implements corrective and preventive actions.
- Designs, develops and qualifies computer and production systems to satisfy user requirements.
- Uses project management tools to meet cost, technical, and schedule requirements.
- Incorporates environmental health and safety, LEAN and Quality principles into (1) materials and processes, (2) research, design and qualification, (3) work procedures and (4) labs and office areas.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 5+ years of experience or completed coursework with mechanical component parts such as fasteners, fluid fittings, or bearings
- 3+ years of experience in reviewing engineering documentation including drawings, models, specifications and standards
- 3+ years of experience leading qualification programs
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 1+ years of experience with any of the following: Statistical Process Controls, Process Capability Index or Failure Mode Analysis
- 1+ years of experience leading and applying Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) processes to engineering development and manufacturing/production efforts
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering
Typical Education/Experience: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.