As a Mid-Level Digital Communications Systems Engineer (Level 3), you will design, develop, and deliver state-of-the-art communication systems for space-based applications for commercial, civil and/or national security programs. You will lead a highly-motivated team that works with domestic or international customers on their latest satellite systems.
Project assignments typically span the complete program life cycle, from internal trades, concept studies and system definition, to satellite development, launch, and on-orbit operations and test. Candidates will belong to a systems engineering team interacting with customers, suppliers, program management, integration and test engineers, and senior technologists.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
- Design and develop next generation RF, digital, and/or optical satellite communications systems and payload architectures
- Lead trade studies
- Define and verify space communication system requirements and interfaces
- Perform system-level CONOPS development, functional analysis and decomposition
- Support system-level integration and validation
- Perform analyses and simulations for space communication systems, including: link analysis, signal distortion, system capacity, reliability, and performance
- Develop analysis tools using MATLAB and object-oriented software platforms
- Develop and verify system algorithms that meet functional and performance requirements
- Perform hardware procurement, design reviews, and unit sell-off
- Perform system test preparation, execution, troubleshooting, and verification
- Mentor the program junior communication systems engineers and review their work for quality
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as
outlined in our policies.
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
Basic (Required) Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree or higher is required.
- Successful completion of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within the past 5 years.
- Experience with digital communications.
- Experience working on satellite or space based communication systems.
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications
- Experience Matlab/Simulink and C++.
- Experience with digital/RF communications hardware and lab equipment.
- 3+ years of experience in RF, digital, and/or optical communications.
- Experience with the following:
- Digital signal processing (DSP)
- Waveform design
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelors and 5 or more years experience, Masters degree with 3 or more years experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.