The Boeing Space and Launch group is seeking a Mid-Level Software Engineer to work in their Seal Beach, CA location.
Primary responsibilities will address all phases of the software development lifecycle including:
- Responsible for gathering requirements and interface definition
- Responsible for design, development, and integration of embedded software for space-based applications
- Perform configuration management and release
- Responsible for product maintenance
- Responsible for several parallel tasks as part of a dynamic team of systems and software engineers.
- Responsible for communication with internal customers during development and after product release.
Relocation: This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
*This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance with a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) that has been successfully completed within the last 5 years. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience).
In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years’ experience developing embedded flight software using C
- This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance with a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) that has been successfully completed within the last 5 years. U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
- Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in the development and/or test of embedded software
- Experience with scripting tools such as TCL/Tk, Perl and standard Unix/Linux shell programming
- Experience with software debugging tools such as gdb and configuration management tools such as CVS and clearcase
- Experience with developing software in a RTOS environment using VxWorks, familiar with WindRiver’s IDE Workbench and debugging facilities such as System Viewer
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.