The Boeing Company is seeking a Mid-Level Space Systems Architect (Level 3) to join a project team assisting with the development of complex, state-of-the-art systems for space-based applications for commercial and government customers. You will be a member of a high performance systems engineering team interacting with customers, suppliers, program management, integration and test engineers and senior technologists.
You will participate in all phases of the system development life cycle, including concept of operations (CONOPS) development, requirements development, analysis and decomposition, software and hardware system design, algorithm design, risk management, integration, test and documentation. The successful candidate will support system/subsystem level CONOPS development, multi-segment interface definition, architecture integration, functional decomposition, and system design activities.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
- Perform system and sub-system level CONOPS development, requirements definition, multi-segment interface definition, architecture integration, functional analysis, and system design activities.
- Perform system level trade studies and briefings.
- Support system level integration and test planning and execution (including functional validation as well as formal requirements sell-off).
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) that has been successfully completed within the last 5 years. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
Basic (Required) Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree or higher in an engineering classification is required.
- Experience working on satellite and/or space systems.
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications
- Experience in space systems design, architecture definition, and functional analysis.
- Experience in CONOPS development, trade studies, and requirements/interface definitions.
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to interact well in group meeting/working environments.
- Working knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering approaches, methods, and techniques.
- Experience with Model Based Engineering tools and languages such as Enterprise Architecture, Cameo, MagicDraw, and UML/SysML.
- Experience with large scale end-to-end satellite and space systems architecture development.
- Bachelors degree or higher in either Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering or Computer Engineering.
Typical Education / Experience
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.