At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Mesa Rotorcraft Systems Engineering Team has a leadership role during the development of new highly integrated electrical and mechanical systems on rotorcraft platforms such as the AH-64 Apache, AH-6 Little Bird, and our new FARA scout helicopter for the US Army. Our team actively works together with development engineers from multiple disciplines through the entire development life cycle.
The Boeing Mesa Systems Engineering team is recognized as a leader in implementing Model Based Systems Engineering processes and tools, both in Mesa and by programs across the Boeing Enterprise. We are looking for qualified, highly energetic Systems Engineers to team up with us on this exciting journey.
- Perform system level design activities on development programs
- Work with senior engineers on development, decomposition and allocation of system requirements, system functions
- Lead development and management of functional and physical architectures
- Coordinate development of Airworthiness Qualification Specifications
- verification planning and manage traceability between verification activities and requirements
- Coordinate activities leading up to and execution of design reviews
- Support multi-disciplinary trade studies to evaluate configuration alternatives
- Regularly interact at a technical level with engineering experts to resolve technical issues
- Participate in the development of new methodologies and tools such as Model Based Systems Engineering
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience applying systems engineering principles during the development of complex hardware/software solutions on an aerospace platform
- Experience interacting with engineering experts to resolve complex technical issues
- Experience developing and managing requirements and related attributes using a requirements management tool
- Experience in MS Office Products and strong written, verbal communications and presentation skills
- Demonstrated practical experience in system integration, validation, and/or verification
- Self-motivated in identifying process improvement opportunities with ability to provide potential solutions through strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Minimum Bachelors degree in engineering
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Experience/Skills):
- At least 3 years of experience developing/managing designs in a model based development environment using any of the following tools: Architecture Models, System Definition Documents, Performance Requirements, Functional Requirements, Interface Control Documents, System Models using SysML, IBM DOORS, IBM Rhapsody, and/or No Magic Cameo
- Basic understanding of both electrical and mechanical engineering principles. (Program development and test experience preferred
- Familiarity with system engineering practices throughout product life-cycle
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelors and 5 or more years experience, Masters degree with 3 or more years experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.