Naval Air Weapons Station (NAWS) China Lake provides and maintains land, facilities and other assets that support the Navy’s research, development, acquisition, testing and evaluation (RDAT&E) of cutting-edge weapons systems for the warfighter.
NAWS China Lake is adjacent to the city of Ridgecrest and is located in the Western Mojave Desert region of California, approximately 150 miles north of Los Angeles. NAWS China Lake is one of the largest military installations in the world. In total, its main site and two ranges cover more than 1.1 million acres, an area larger than the state of Rhode Island.
The primary program supported by The Boeing Company on NAWS China Lake is the F/A-18 multirole strike fighter and the EA-18 variant. Boeing works directly with our Navy customer supporting its mission to improve the warfighting capabilities of the F/A-18 and EA-18G through system integration, development, test and evaluation of electronic and weapon systems.
The site is comprised of employees from across the Boeing enterprise including Boeing Test and Evaluation (BT&E), Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS), and Boeing Global Services (BGS). Our site works on programs for the US Military and Foreign Military Sales customers. The diverse team at China Lake is extremely motivated, skilled, knowledgeable, and highly valued by its customers and business partners.
This position will be a member of the Test Requirements & Analysis (TR&A) team. The team is responsible for processing and analyzing test data. The team tasks include analysis, interpretation, transmittal, reduction, storage, and presentation of data. The data may include flight test data, ground test data, and laboratory testing. The team develops, maintains, and employs various software tools to process the test data.
This position is a remote part of the California and will require relocation and additional travel.
Successful candidates will:
- Have the aptitude and desire to learn quickly.
- Have the ability to work on a team in a dynamic environment.
- Have the flexibility to adapt to changing requirements.
- Possess superior written and verbal communication skills.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Must currently possess a Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Experience in programming and debugging programmable logic, and data processing.
- Experience with data mining, processing, and analysis.
Desired Qualifications (Preferred):
- Experience in Python, Visual Basic for Applications, C++, and Visual Studio are desired although not required.
- Experience in flight test, laboratory testing, instrumentation, system integration, or simulation.
- Experience on the F/A-18 and/or EA-18G platform.
- Active US Secret or higher security clearance preferred.
- Computer Science or Software Engineering Degree preferred.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Relocation is available to qualified candidates. Please note that position is located in a remote location and may require additional travel.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.