Boeing Company •
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics is looking for an Network Engineer for a prime program centered on RF collection capabilities for the US Intelligence Community.
This role will be based in Annapolis Junction, MD and requires a TS/SCI clearance with active polygraph.
- Performs network management from network design through implementation, maintenance, and upgrading of existing networks
- Analyzes design, specifications, and related documents
- Implements communication system requirements to support the distributed functionality of a software engineering environment
- Analyzes network characteristics (e.g. traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes and throughput), troubleshoots problems and recommends procurement of and/or modifications to network components
- Execute test plans of module, unit, subsystem, and systems
- Install and configure new network and telecommunications systems hardware and software
- Determine compliance and accreditation of network and telecommunications systems.
- Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain VoIP phone systems, including phone units, voicemail, and call manager systems
- Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain Plain Old Telephone (POTs) phone systems, including phone units, voicemail, switches, infrastructure and related telecommunications trunk circuits
- Configure, test, install, troubleshoot, and maintain Video Teleconference (VTC) systems and video recording/viewing/distribution systems
- Apply operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes
- Monitor network and telecommunications system performance and respond to anomalies and issues according to documented procedures
- Build, test, deploy, and ship network and telecommunications systems
- Assist with network and telecommunications activities being executed by higher level Network Engineers
- Identify and document workaround solutions for network and telecommunications systems incidents
- Identify, design, test, deploy, and document solutions for network and telecommunications problems
- Design, test, verify, and document network system backup methods and procedures
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline and ten 10+ years of experience as a Network Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity. In lieu of a Bachelors degree, 4+ additional years of experience in Network Engineering disciplines with a high school diploma.
- Certification in routing such as a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or higher
- Security + Certification (IAM Level 1)
CWIP Experience: IAT 3+
- CWIP Level: IAT 2
- AMX programming • AutoCAD experience • KVM experience
- Experience with the following technologies: SQL, ColdFusion, Oracle, JQuery, Bootstrap, C/C++, Java • Perl / Python / shell scripting
- Experience in networking, computing, and storage systems engineering
BI&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (PDF)
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC