The Boeing Space & Launch Divisions Protected Tactical Enterprise Service (PTES) program is seeking software engineers to develop a new global military satellite communications (MILSATCOM) ground system that will manage transmission of protected tactical waveform — a type of secure, anti-jam communication — over Boeing-built Wideband Global SATCOM (WGS) satellites and terminals. The successful candidate will be developing containerized microservices in a fast paced agile environment. We seek candidates who have skills in software engineering or software development.
Technology areas these positions will be focused on are:
- Agile development and product line leadership
- Continuous integration, testing, and delivery
- Container design and implementation
- Data analytics and machine learning
As a member of the PTES team, you will be involved in the entire software development lifecycle, from idea creation and development, all the way through to maintenance and support of the customer’s delivered system. These positions will place you in roles where you have the opportunity to make an impact on the results of our project. The PTES team offers a collaborative mentoring environment where you have the opportunity to learn from others.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical degree
- BDS Engineering Candidates Desired
- DevOps experience, or a strong desire to work within a DevOps culture is desired. Candidate will be working with the team to establish a full stack CI/CD infrastructure.
- In particular, the candidate should be familiar with tools such as Jenkins, Git, Gradle, Maven, Artifactory, ELK, Sonar, Jira, Prometheus, Fluentd, Helm, DataGrid, JBoss, Cloud Suite, Openshift, Docker and more.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not being offered and it is not a negotiable benefit.