At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company has a Industrial Engineering opportunity within Phantom Works on a Proprietary assignment in Saint Louis, Missouri. This fast paced position is within the Production Engineering organization and will support the design and execution of the production system spanning the product life-cycle including proposal support and conceptual design through detail design, build, and test.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is seeking a Phantom Works Industrial Engineer. This Level 2 position is located in Berkeley, MO.
Applies Industrial Engineering concepts, techniques, analysis and decision tools under general supervision to promote and assist in implementing changes in manufacturing, engineering and service operations. Assists in developing models, data bases and spreadsheets to analyze data (e.g., statistics, operations research, engineering economics), and provides summary analysis and metrics for consultation to customers (e.g., management, departments, suppliers). Applies general industrial engineering techniques and concepts to product and process design teams throughout all phases of product lifecycle, resulting in a robust product design and work statement that meets program requirements. Assist in research, design, development, improvement and implementation of processes to enhance schedule performance, lower cost, and improve quality, through the application of Lean and other Industrial Engineering concepts for large scale systems integration and asset utilization. Under general supervision, manages, defines, negotiates, and controls the scope, cost, and timing of projects, and performs risk analysis using project management tools (e.g., work break-down structure, precedence network, resource allocation). Provides support to project completion. Utilizes engineering methods (e.g., mathematical models, simulation, statistics) to support the development of optimal process designs and efficient utilization of resources (e.g., facilities, personnel, materials, equipment) in the creation and validation of products. Under general direction, analyzes and designs value stream, including capability, capacity (e.g., make/buy, supplier selection, risk analysis, supplier performance), throughput, work flow and logistics (e.g., critical path, lead-time, transportation, factory layout).
Duties will include but not limited to:
Evaluates program and project requirements, develops complex equipment and tooling concepts and designs solutions for the Production System.
Compiles and analyzes technical data to determine the effects on product engineering design and rate estimates, identifies robotics, automation or technology recommendations and system integration for equipment and tooling.
Ensures compliance with safety, producibility, maintainability, reliability, ergonomic factors and regulatory requirements.
Validates contractual performance milestones, maintains configuration control, conducts reviews, prepares plans for productions readiness, preventative maintenance, and spares.
Conducts training for Production and Maintenance personnel.
Develops and implements work-arounds and maintains configuration of hardware, software and documentation.
Performs studies and make recommendation for disposition of assets.
Experience with constraint based scheduling and/or discrete event planning is strongly desired.
Current Active Secret Security Clearance
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelors and 2 or more years experience or a Masters degree with experience.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering
- Two or more years of directly related experience in aircraft manufacturing fabrication and/or assembly processes and procedures preferred
- Experience with constraint based scheduling, laying out production floor spaces, and/or discrete event planning is preferred.
- Knowledge of working documents such as Engineering/Manufacturing Bill of Materials, Lean Manufacturing, Root Cause Corrective Action
- Candidate should have hands-on attitude and willingness to see challenges thru to completion
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers Relocation based on candidate eligibility
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may close before end date.