Power Engineer (Starlink)
Avionics - Hardware Design
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
POWER ENGINEER (STARLINK)
Starlink is Spacex’s ambitious program to bring high quality internet to the globe by building a constellation of thousands of satellites in low earth orbit (LEO) which we launched on our Falcon 9 reusable rockets earlier this year. We are developing millions of devices for end users to link our customers to our satellites. As a power engineer on the Starlink team, you will be responsible for designing and delivering high volume power electronics for our first consumer product.
- Rapidly design, develop and test highly reliable and high volume power electronics for communicating with our satellites
- Drive electrical power architecture, product requirements, component selection, analysis, schematic capture, prototyping, bring-up, debugging, documentation, product management, productization, manufacturing and test
- Partner with firmware, software, mechanical, layout, environments, test, and manufacturing teams
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or similar engineering degree
- 1+ years of professional experience rapidly designing and delivering highly reliable and high volume power products
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering or similar engineering degree
- 3+ years of professional experience rapidly designing and delivering highly reliable and high volume power products
- 3+ years of power electronics product experience designing hardware from concept through production; strong emphasis on full life cycle development of new power products --and not small incremental updates to legacy hardware
- 3+ years of experience designing and implementing power electronics products from concept through production which include point of load converters, AC/DC converters, custom magnetics, electromagnetic interference (EMI) filters and custom power controllers
- 3+ years of experience with electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- 3+ years of professional experience simulating, testing, troubleshooting and debugging power electronics
- 3+ years of experience designing products that meet FCC, IEC, ETSI, EU and international standards
- 3+ years of professional experience with fast-paced projects
- Strong understanding of computers and programming languages (Python, spice, C/C++)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly cross-functional role
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC