Principal Electrical Engineer
DRS Technologies •
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies, and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture, and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Leonardo DRS Airborne & Intelligence Systems, Dayton, OH, designs, develops, and manufactures avionics systems, flight safety products, tactical radios, communications equipment, and intelligence systems used by the United States and friendly foreign military services. The company also integrates its products onto military and other government agency platforms and supports these products worldwide.
Job Location: Beavercreek, OH
Title: Principal Electrical Engineer
Responsibilities will involve primarily working with a team of engineers supporting the development of our product line (receivers, jammers, and direction finding equipment) and the integration of our products into airborne, naval, and ground systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Involved with the design, development, modification, and analysis of electronic systems.
- Review customer specifications and requirements, and lead a project team to develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable.
- Ability to manage a project through initiation, planning, execution, control/monitoring, and closure.
- Provide budget, cost, and schedule input for design assignments.
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with manufacturing, supply chain, program management and the customer as required
- Participates in preparation of proposals
- Interact with technical management, other professionals, technicians and support personnel to coordinate, recommend and confer regarding technical activities and progress.
- Ensure design compliance with all project requirements.
- Responsible for completing all engineering efforts for a project or projects on time and budget.
- Complete projects in a team environment or independently.
- Analyzes, develops, and recommends design approaches.
- Compiles and evaluates design and test data.
- Troubleshoot and diagnoses malfunctions in existing products or systems and makes changes as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of hardware design experience - Mastery of technologies and domain knowledge
- PC Board design (Schematic capture) experience and FPGA (VHDL/Verilog/Simulation).
- Ability to generate system level requirements, design, and evaluation.
- Expected to have knowledge and significant experience in multiple engineering disciplines
- Ability to review customer specifications and requirements, and develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Proven ability to design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- Ability to complete a technical project independently
- Secret Clearance or ability to attain one
- Occasional Travel
- Hi speed signal design and analysis a plus
- CMMI Level III experience a plus
- Software Defined Radio (SDR) experience a plus
- Direct Finding and Monitoring system experience a plus
Leonardo DRS, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #AIS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC