Principal Electrical Engineer
DRS Technologies •
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.LeonardoDRS.com.
As a Principal Electrical Engineer, you will be part of the electrical engineering team with various assignments to project teams for development of complex circuit solutions that meet the challenges of a tactical computing environment.We pride ourselves on our culture of friendliness and teamwork here at DRS. Our Engineers find their work environments unique as they are not locked into a single task. You will be involved in processes from start to finish with opportunities for exploration!
Primary & Essential Accountabilities
- Develop electrical concepts, define interfaces, design circuitry, guide layout, simulate and test designs, document technical data, and support transition to production.
- Provide technical expertise and assistance to other engineers and support personnel.
- Provide electrical input to project planning and system solution development. Lead high performance design teams.
- Support and encourage a culture of collaboration, integrity, continuous improvement, results and accountability.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering degree, or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum of eight years of digital design/development experience.
- Minimum of four years of processor motherboard and system experience. Intel x86 experience preferred. Video processing a plus.
- Knowledge of high speed interconnects such as PCIE, Gb Ethernet, DDR3/DDR4 Memory bus, USB 2.0, USB 3.0, LVDS/DisplayPort/HDMI, etc.
- Experience with portable, battery powered systems preferred.
- Experience in low-power low-voltage DC-DC power conversion preferred.
- Experience utilizing development tools required. LTSpice, Cadence OrCAD Schematic Capture and Allegro editor/viewer, AutoCAD, and PTC CreoView preferred.
- Knowledge of video display design a plus.
- Professional work experience in defense industry/DoD a plus.
Must be a US Person.
Leonardo DRS and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. LEL
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC