Leonardo DRS, Inc.
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Position: Principal Software Engineer
Location: Melbourne, FL
Will develop software to further harden DRS’s trusted computing platforms. Will be involved with the design, development, analysis, testing and debugging of OS and / or firmware-level utilities, drivers, kernel modules and other software to support information security requirements on DRS programs. Determines hardware compatibility. May interact with customers to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. Contributes to proposals as well as presentation for design reviews. Must be able to analyze complex software. We pride ourselves on our team environment - come see what makes DRS different!
• Responsible for driving technology and completion of activity on time and budget
• Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
• Ability to complete a technical project independently
• Mentor and coach other engineers.
• Review customer specifications and requirements, and develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
• Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
• Document component and subsystem specifications and material requirements
• Analyze designs as necessary
• Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
• Support the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
• Communicate clearly (written and oral) with manufacturing, supply chain, program management and the customer as required
- Required competencies
- Bachelor’s degree w minimum 5 years industry experience
- Linux development (RPM-based distros)
- Windows development
- C / C++
- Shell scripting (Bash)
- Software Security and Vulnerability Analysis
- Computer Hardware Architecture
- Possess or obtain Secret Clearance
- Strong Process orientation
- Highly Desirable
- DOD life cycle
- Effective communication skills
- Familiar with cryptography, asymmetric and symmetric encryption and OpenSSL
- Familiar with PKI (Public Key Infrastructure)
- Familiar with Hardware security (TCG Specs, TPM, Opal, Boot Guard)
- Familiar with reverse-engineering tools and technologies
- Familiar with SE Linux
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. LEL