**THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TS/SCI WITH POLY CLEARANCE**
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics is looking for a Principal Systems Engineer to join one of our engineering teams responsible for the development of cutting-edge environments.
This work will be located in Annapolis Junction, MD.
The Principal Systems Engineer will work across the entire system lifecycle in a highly visible role and will:
- Translate system requirements into stakeholder needs and inferred and essential functions.
- Define and document a system design solution that meets system requirements and fulfills the functional analysis.
- Build scenarios and an Operational Concept that describes system, user and environment interactions and satisfies operational, maintenance and disposal needs.
- Develop system and functional requirements and allocate/ align to hardware, software, facility and personnel components.
- Define and design interface and configuration changes.
- Create system proof of concepts, physical architectures and design solutions.
- Establish and uphold a formal process to coordinate system integration activities across multiple teams.
- Capture all interface designs in a common format and store interface data in a commonly accessible repository.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in a Technical Field and 18+ years of full-lifecycle system across development, integration, testing and enhancement ( 24+ years in lieu of a BS degree).
- Proven ability to gather, elicit, manage and translate requirements across the system lifecycle to include analysis, functional allocation, systems requirements reviews, proof of concepts, interface standards and end-to-end flow analysis.
- 10+ years of technical team leadership.
- Experience designing and developing a variety of systems that includes:
- articulating the “vision”
- conceptualizing / experimenting with alternative architectural approaches
- creating models and component and interface specifications documents
- validating the architecture against requirements and assumptions.
- ​​Strong technical and training documentation experience and capabilities.
- SOA, ESB and data-driven/analytics architecture experience.
- Objected Oriented and Agile experience/knowledge.
- Elasticsearch infrastructure design
- Understanding and/or experience with traditional / relational databases (Oracle etc.) as well as “big data” / non-relational databases such as MongoDB.
- Polyglot persistence architecture/design
- Experience working with Graph algorithms
BI&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (PDF)