Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Leonardo DRS, DRS Training & Control Systems (TCS), Fort Walton Beach, FL, provides engineering, manufacturing, and support of defense and aerospace systems for sea, land, air, and space use. Our product and service areas include electronic control and monitoring systems, aerospace material handling systems, simulation and training systems, aerospace support equipment, contract manufacturing, engineering, and product support. In addition, DRS TCS has contract logistics support operations domestically as well as in Europe and the Middle East.
Job Location Fort Walton Beach, FL
Title: Principal Systems Engineer- EW
Responsible for applying systems engineering principles in the development and integration of ground based RF Threat Emitter/Electronic Warfare Systems for air combat training applications. Work with an integrated product team as Lead Engineer responsible for systems engineering tasks including system requirements and architectures, hardware/software development, integration, test, and support. Responsible for driving technology and completion of activity on time and budget. Support various engineering efforts associated with Air Combat Training & Range Systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply system engineering principles in the development and integration of ground based Threat Emitter/Electronic Warfare systems
- Assigned as a lead or senior engineer responsible for systems engineering tasks including system requirements and architectures, hardware/software development, integration, test, and life cycle support.
- Communicate project technical details in formal and informal scenarios.
- Participate heavily in preparation of complex proposals
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
- Document component and subsystem specifications and material requirements
- Responsible for driving technology and completion of activity on time and budget
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- Ability to complete a technical project independently and mentor and coach other engineers.
- Review customer specifications and requirements, and develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Support the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with manufacturing, supply chain, program management and the customer as required
- Interact with technical management, other professionals, technicians and support personnel to coordinate, recommend and confer regarding technical activities and progress. This includes internal and external customers.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization