Process Engineer IV / Yield Analytics
DRS Technologies •
LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
LEONARDO DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
DRS Infrared Sensors and Systems in Dallas, Texas specializes as a worldwide leader in thermal imagery and sensory solutions for commercial and military applications.
We are looking to add a new member to our uncooled Focal Plane Array (FPA) team to help provide the vision and technical expertise necessary to drive our foundry production activities needed to lead the industry in product capability and manufacturability.
We are looking for an engineer to support foundry yield improvement and new technology qualification activities. This person will also influence iterative improvements to data collection systems, enabling stronger data analysis capability for studying yield and process improvement opportunities.
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering
- Experience: 8+ years of experience with semiconductor processes, process integration, process control, yield improvement, and statistical data analysis.
- Working knowledge of semiconductor processing, process integration, packaging, test, and yield improvement
- Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC), semiconductor defect inspection techniques, and defect reduction methodologies
- Experience identifying data collection needs, specifying data types and relationships, and aiding in resulting implementation projects (including collecting stakeholder buy-in and providing training)
- Experience using analysis software packages to investigate trends and observations, then summarize findings (ex. Cornerstone, JMP, Spotfire, Minitab, Synopsys, etc.)
- Experience developing and/or using risk management tools, such as failure mode and effect analysis (FMEA), control plan, and fault tree analysis
- Experience with failure analysis tools and techniques
- Strong knowledge base in and experience with problem solving processes (e.g. Kepner-Tregoe, 8D).
- Self-motivated and focused on developing and successfully implementing the team’s vision and goals
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to engage stakeholders and prepare project plans, reports and documentation
- Ability to effectively participate in cross-functional teams to improve yields, solve problems and implement corrective actions
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), or related project management certification a plus
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze and influence the potential projects needed to address both systemic and excursion-based yield issues within the Focal Plane Array manufacturing environment
- Lead teams to complete projects on schedule and within budget, offering technical knowledge and assistance as needed
- Prepare required messaging, documentation and reports on project status, plan, metrics, impact, roadblocks, experiments, business case, and learnings
- Design and implementation of infrastructure to improve effectiveness of yield and problem solving related work
- Develop reports and software tools to improve capability of monitoring for excursions and/or solving problems
- Up to 5% of the time in cleanroom
- Up to 5% of time travelling to US foundry partner sites
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
LEONARDO DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC