Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.LeonardoDRS.com.
Involved with the manufacture and test of products/devices. Root cause troubleshooting experience, diagnose problems with existing processes or products and make modifications and improvements as needed. Compile and evaluate process or product design and test data. Evaluate and recommend design approaches to meet production requirements for new or improved products or processes. Working knowledge of statistical techniques in process development such as Design of Experiments and SPC.
Primary & Essential Accountabilities
- Responsible for leading group of engineers on a technical activity and completion of activity on time and budget
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments. Has shown ability to lead a technical group independently
- Lead the Qualification Test and Conformance Inspection efforts of product line
- Review customer specifications and requirements, and under direction develops designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Perform root cause analysis and recommend corrective action, participate in Failure Review Board
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for production assignments
- Specify when required and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Drive the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
- Participates in preparation of proposals including completion of BOE (Basis Of Estimate) documents for manpower bids
- Provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Lead and direct the work of others as assigned including less experienced engineers or technicians
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Attend appropriate engineering, customer or business meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical Engineering preferred) or related technical field with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Secret clearance or ability to obtain preferred
- Familiar with Electro-optic or infrared systems
- Fluency in technologies and application domain
Leonardo DRS and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EOIS