Product Safety Engineer
Vehicle Engineering - Mechanical Design and Development
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PRODUCT SAFETY ENGINEER
SpaceX is developing a low latency, broadband internet system to meet the needs of consumers across the globe. Enabled by a constellation of low Earth orbit satellites, Starlink will provide fast, reliable internet to populations with little or no connectivity, including those in rural communities and places where existing services are too expensive or unreliable. We are looking for a talented, creative, and driven product safety engineer help with the development of millions of devices we call User Terminals that will sit in our customers’ homes. You will own the relationship between the engineering development and test teams. The success of Starlink depends on the quality and safety of the products that you ensure we deliver.
- Predict potential safety hazards in the product in order to influence product design
- Determine applicability of National Code and regulatory standards to the product
- Prove product compliance with applicable safety processes and standards
- Coordinate with third party testing agencies to validate product design and achieve safety certifications
- Partner with a multidisciplinary team to develop risk assessments and hazard analyses
- Maintain update-to-date technical files for all products
ree in an engineering discipline
1+ years of professional experience testing and evaluating products for US and/or international product safety standards
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of professional experience testing and evaluating products for US and/or international product safety standards
- Design and product development experience of electronic hardware
- Strong knowledge electrical engineering fundamentals
- Outstanding project management skills
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC