We are hiring for a Quality Assurance Engineer.
The quality assurance engineer will work out of our Manassas, VA office.
The Quality Assurance Engineer will have a productive, working knowledge of aerospace industry standard concepts, practices, and procedures within Quality Assurance. Candidate must be able to work effectively in a prototype aerospace product development environment, support the new product teams’ design and development efforts, and help assure the teams follow processes and procedures; must have strong technical, organizational, and communication skills to assure safety and quality of the development process output.
• Support AVA AS9100 Quality Management System on a daily basis.
• Program support to include: Model/Drawing interrogation for producibility, inspectability, and FAI using CATIA V5
APQP/Inspection Plan creation including AS9102 FAI as required
Statistical Process Control, tolerance analyses, statistical and other data analyses as necessary
Inspection of prototypes as-built vs as-designed, and reconcile config variances with Engineering
Supplier Quality assessments and supplier development (some travel req’d)
Lead as req’d. readiness reviews (e.g. design, test, flight, manufacturing, delivery, etc.)
• Program Management Review, Customer Program Review and Operations Review support, as needed
• Assist as Internal Auditor and Assist as Sub-tier Supplier Auditor, and procedure development as required
• Requires a Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Quality, Operations, or related field, or equivalent experience
• Prefer a working knowledge in CATIA V5 model-based definition
• Working knowledge of tolerance analysis methods, quality plan development, inspection methods, etc.
• Experience in AS9100 Quality system is required
• Aware of IPC-610 and -620 workmanship standards
• Working knowledge of 2D and 3D inspection equipment strongly preferred
• Working knowledge of process data analysis methods (SPC, Pareto, Minitab, etc.)
• Proficient with MS Office suite
Physical Requirements: Physical dexterity and visual acuity necessary to fulfill the requirements of the position
Shift Requirements (specify if irregular work hours or shift work will be required): Supporting prototype programs on alternate shifts are probable.