Robotics Software Engineer
Boeing Company •
Aurora Flight Sciences is a world-leader in developing robot hardware and software for new aerospace applications. Click to apply and find out more!
The Autonomy Research Division was formed to address a growing research area at Aurora. Specifically, ARD applies select disciplines to the development of advanced autonomous systems, supporting levels of autonomy ranging from unmanned aircraft to optionally-piloted aircraft and human-automation teaming within the flight deck.
Aurora Flight Sciences is a world-leader in developing robot hardware and software for new aerospace applications. We develop and apply state-of-the-art technologies in sensing, actuation, planning, design, and system verification & validation to bring innovative robot prototypes to life.
- 2 – 5 years experience
- Must be a US Person (citizen or permanent resident)
- Candidates must demonstrate interest and ability to design and build robots
- Candidates must demonstrate the following skills:
- Object oriented software design and implementation
- Electromechanical system design and integration
- Software version control (e.g., git)
- Candidates must demonstrate working knowledge or interest in a majority of the following:
- Acceptance testing of physical robot hardware
- Communication protocols
- Dynamic simulation
- Embedded systems
- CNC machining
- Low-level motor control
- Machine vision
- Power electronics
- Rapid prototyping
- Real-time computation
- Real-time control of multi-DOF robots
- Tactile sensing
- Trajectory planning
- Candidates should have a zeal for working on high-functioning and diverse teams and for making real systems work.
- Occasionally required to work non-business hours to support experiments and travel to customer sites
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC