As a Satellite DSP Subsystems and Algorithms Engineer (Level 3), you will design and develop state-of-the-art, space-based communication systems for commercial, civil and/or national security programs. You will be part of a highly-motivated team that works with domestic or international customers on their latest satellite systems.
Project assignments typically span the unit life cycle, from internal trades, concept studies and system definition, to satellite unit development and test. Candidates will belong to a systems engineering team interacting with customers, suppliers, program management, integration and test engineers, and senior technologists.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
- Designing and developing next generation RF and digital satellite communication systems
- Developing and verifying multi-rate, fixed-point signal processing algorithms
- Conducting performance analysis of signal processing models
- Performing waveform development and characterization
- Performing trade studies
- Supporting integration ant test of our payloads and spacecraft from unit level through in-orbit operations
- Supporting HDL-level design and verification
- Performing detailed system design and verification activities
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic (Required) Qualifications
- 1+ years of experience with Matlab and/or Simulink
- 3+ years of experience in digital signal processing or digital communications
- 1+ years of experience in systems engineering concepts (requirements definition, allocation, verification, architecture design and trade design)
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications
- Experience working with ASICs or FPGAs
- Experience with performance characteristics of analog electronics or data converters (ADCs / DACs)
- Experience with digital/RF lab equipment (oscilloscope, signal generator, spectrum analyzer)
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelors and 5 or more years experience, Masters degree with 3 or more years experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.