Satellite Operations Tier 2 Technician - Senior Communications Engineer
DRS Technologies •
, Florida, United States
Satellite Operations Tier 2 Technician - Senior Communications Engineer (Tampa, FL)
The Satellite Operations Tier 2 Technician will provide tier 1 and tier 2 satellite and network operations support. Tier 2 level support is considered advanced support, which includes Quality Control (QC). The Technician is part of a team that ensures the effective monitoring, control, and configuration of a global satellite communications network including forward deployed satellite earth terminals and embedded network communications equipment. The technician will provide daily operational support for iDirect technologies hub and remote systems supporting global TDMA/IP networks. An integral part of the team, the Technician’s tasking may include shift work including weekends and holidays. The duty schedule will be based on a 40-hour work week (nominally, 5 day work week with 8 hours per day).
Analyzes moderately complex communication systems, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges and other devices. May include local and wide area networks, data, and voice communications. Networks may be one or a combination of terrestrial, wireless, or satellite.
Primary & Essential Accountabilities
- Continuously monitor network and space segment performance to provide customer tier 1 and tier 2 support as required.
- Resolve customer issues related to broadband IP communication via satellite transmission; support complex systems installations and startup at customer sites.
- Monitor iDirect TDMA equipment configurations and network performance, in real-time, and report conditions and anomalies to the designated Team Lead.
- Prepare reports on network utilization, performance and activity as required.
- Open and track trouble tickets as required to resolve network or terminal issues.
- Provide Quality Control (QC).
- Isolate and correct network faults using network management tools (iMonitor, iBuilder, and Solarwinds).
- Manage service restoration activities and track/update trouble ticketing system (Remedy).
- Provide status reports to customers and management personnel.
- Provide testing and implementation support of new software releases for equipment.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve product related issues resulting from hardware upgrades, configuration changes, equipment integration or testing.
- Analyzes moderately complex communication systems, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges and other devices
- Resolves interoperability problems to obtain operations across all platforms including email, files transfer, multimedia, teleconferencing and the like
- Configures systems to user environments
- Supports acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed
- May contribute to proposal efforts
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical field and a minimum of five years applicable network systems engineering experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Fluency in technologies and application domain
- Candidate must have experience managing and supporting iDirect hub solutions, TCP/IP and general networking concepts and SATCOM/RF concepts.
- IAT Level II certification (Security+ CE) within 90 days of start date
- Active U.S. Government Department of Defense (DoD) Top Secret level security clearance with SCI eligibility determination
- IP routing
- Microsoft Office suite
- trouble ticket tracking
- Technical certification (CCNA, CCDA, CCNP or CCDP)
Leonardo DRS, Inc.
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Global Enterprise Solutions, Inc. successfully delivers quality systems and services to CONUS and overseas units. Our systems solutions encompass broad data distribution networks and complex telecommunications systems for data, voice and video applications over integrated satellite, terrestrial, and wireless networks. Our proven service history of engineering, installing, operating and maintaining innovative, low-risk, and cost-effective communications resources illustrates our commitment to supporting military, commercial, and relief efforts at home and around the globe.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #CA #CS #MM
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC