Senior Application Engineer
Boeing Company •
Aurora Flight Sciences, A Boeing Company is a world leader in the development of highly autonomous aircraft. Our mission is to change the way we travel by applying autonomy and robotics to the development, production and operation of advanced aircraft.
This position works with the software development team to support integration of our autonomy framework within our customers’ development environments.
Aurora’s work environment provides significant responsibility and authority to implement robust, cost-effective, and high-performing technical solutions. As part of a dynamic, multidisciplinary team, this role focuses on building and maintaining technical relationships with customers of our autonomy framework both internal and external to the company.
- Diagnose and debug issues found in customer installations. Provide clear, concise bug reports and propose steps to remediate issues discovered in the field.
- Assist with the prioritization of development efforts in coordination with the software development team, and program management.
- Work cross-functionally to develop customer facing technical documentation (internal and external) based on inputs from development team and knowledge of customer needs.
- Train customers on the use of the software. Develop material to support training.
- B.S. in either Aerospace Engineering, Computer Engineering / Computer Science, Software Engineering, or an equivalent discipline.
- 3+ years of experience as an application engineer or equivalent role.
- Candidate must be a U.S. Person (U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident/Green Card Holder).
- Candidates must have excellent communication and organizational skills and the desire to take on new tasks and develop new skills.
- Ability to synthesize input a variety of sources.
- Ability to diagnose and debug problems discovered in the field and in customer intallations
- Familiarity with Matlab, Simulink, State Flow, and Autocoder tools
- Familiarity with publisher/subscriber data bus architectures
- Familiarity with DO-178C software guidelines
- Familiarity with Model-Based Development process and tools
- Familiarity with object oriented design.
- Interest in UAS and Autonomous Vehicles
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC