At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking a Senior Central Plant Operator to support our mission in Chantilly, VA.
- Maintain, monitor, adjust, test, troubleshoot and repair Central Plant related equipment. Central Plant equipment to include chillers, pumps, cooling towers, air distribution equipment, power distribution units ,UPS units, and generator plants
- Troubleshoot equipment by interpreting schematics and blueprints.
- Perform rounds of Central Plant equipment taking readings of this equipment on logs for future reference.
- Utilize hand and power tools used to make repairs to this equipment.
- Utilize Energy Management Systems and in particular Staefa brand EMCS
- Work with Power Distribution Systems from both commercial and back up generation.
- Utilize interpersonal skills and work effectively within a government/industry partnership handling a variety of customers needs.
- Walking and standing for long periods, climbing ladders, walking on a grid platform as well as lifting and carrying up to 35 lbs.
This position requires an active Top Secret, Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) with a Counterintelligence Polygraph U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Minimum 5 years experience maintaining and repairing Central Plant equipment
- A current Universal CFC License or have the ability to obtain within one year of employment
- Ability to lift and carry 35 pounds on a frequent basis
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Central Plant Operations License or a Journeyman License in Mechanical or Electrical Trade
- Experience using Energy Management Systems and in particular Staefa brand EMCS
- Experience with Power Distribution Systems from both commercial and back up generation
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 7 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+5 years related work, Bachelor+2 years related work, etc.).
RELOCATION: This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE: Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.