At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space and Launch, In Space Vehicles is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer (Level 5) to be the technical electrical authority for the Core Stage on the Space Launch Systems program in a fast paced environment. This position is located in Huntsville, AL.
**This position requires travel between 50-75 of the time.**
- This position will support the Chief Electrical Engineer, and will be a technical electrical authority for the Core Stage
- In the Electrical Design Integration (EDI) role, the selected candidate will ensure closed loop implementation of strategic Wiring Quality Improvements including the Electrical Design Integration Maturity Phases (EDI-MP) process.
- Leads and participates in system level trades to ensure the vehicle design meets all physical, electrical and Environmental requirements while accommodating the required system requirements
- Ensures that the space vehicle design meets internal and external production and manufacturing requirements using DFMAT principles
- Leads the development of qualification and acceptance level test plans to verify system designs meet requirements and specifications
- Develops new design/analysis processes and tools to improve the effectiveness, quality and efficiency of a high nonrecurring development effort.
- Investigates emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements
- Architecture of new space vehicle designs and/or improvement to current spacecraft product line platforms
- Defines electrical design trade space and closure criteria
- Defines electrical, wiring, grounding, environmental design and integration requirements for the Core Stage and its constituent assemblies and components including both flight and non-flight (GSE) hardware
- Develops manufacturing and test plans to support spacecraft integration, transportation and launch
- Supports and approves manufacturing and integration plan, Digital Mock-Up (DMU) and Virtual Manufacturing (VM) simulation reviews
- Interface Control Dwg/Models including but not limited to electrical and electronic systems
- Supports and approves of design reviews, test plans and procedures, critical planning procedures
- Resolves conflicts/interface issues between product organizations
- Resolves anomalies including determination of root cause, containment actions and corrective actions
- Lead Root Cause & Corrective Action (RCCAs) in a production environment
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- 3 or more years of experience designing or supporting electrical wire harness installations.
- 1 or more years of experience building space flight hardware.
- Experience with gathering data and performing Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA).
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience building Space Electronics Flight Hardware.
- Experience with Spacecraft design, development and delivery.
- Experience with spacecraft and electrical design, production, test and verification.
- Experience with electrical, electronic and wiring materials and processes including wire, grounding systems, signal processing, flight and ground instrumentation, and RF systems.
- Experience with electrical systems including power distribution, batteries, grounding, instrumentation, flight termination systems, release devices and deployments.
- Experience with space hardware qualifications and environments.
- Experience with RCCA, non-conformances (Generation & disposition) and material review board (MRB) process.
- Experience with Liquid propulsion systems.
- Experience Manufacturing Execution Systems Common Image (MESci).
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 15 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+10 years related work experience, Master+13 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.