Senior FPGA/Electrical Engineer
DRS Technologies •
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Crystal City, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
Senior FPGA/Electrical Engineer
Responsible for design and development of FPGA SOC based devices used in combat systems with electro-optical and infrared targeting. We pride ourselves on our culture of friendliness and teamwork here at DRS. Our Engineers find their work environments unique as they are not locked into a single task. You will be involved in processes from start to finish with opportunities for exploration!
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments. Ability to lead a technical group independently
- Review customer specifications and requirements, and under direction develops designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Drive the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Develop prototypes to retire key development risks
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
- Participates in preparation of proposals
- Provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Lead and direct the work of others as assigned
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Attend appropriate engineering, customer or business meetings
- Lead less experienced engineers
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience with FPGA SoC design and development
- Experience with board design and VHDL coding
Successful applicant should be proficient in the following competencies:
- Customer Focus
- Timely Decision Making
- Drive for Results
- Building Effective Teams
- Managing Vision and Purpose
- Integrity and Trust
- Motivating Others
- Working knowledge of MS Office products, including MS Project.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, both written and oral.
- Experienced in the design, development, modification and analysis of electronics systems.
- Video standards (HD-SD, HDMI, CoaXPress)
- PCB/CCA design and manufacture
- Experience with Xilinx and Altera FPGAs
- Embedded microprocessors
- Servo electronics, Laser electronics
Citizenship and Security
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
DRS Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. EOIS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC