At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is actively recruiting for a Guidance Navigation and Control Engineer in the St. Louis area. Boeing Defense and Space Systems is growing in the area of aircraft, missile, weapons and autonomous system Guidance Navigation and Control (GN&C) system design, development, integration and test. Flight Engineering is looking for motivated, talented engineers to join the Boeing team in this exciting business area. Selected candidates will work a wide range of programs that will provide state of the art GN&C, performance analysis and simulation solutions to our customers, and will have visibility across the Boeing enterprise into modern GN&C and simulation development methods. Come join the Boeing Team!
- Lead and define Guidance, Navigation and Control (GN&C), mission or trajectory requirements, ensure requirements traceability and quality from the system level to component level, resolve requirements issues across program elements
- Design, analyze and guide others and leadership in the development of Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) systems, simulations, models & tools
- Perform a wide variety of complex trade studies to identify and recommend solutions to problems and issues
- Lead the definition of requirements compliance processes and certification criteria and methods
- Lead others in design reviews, analyses, simulations and component / system testing to ensure delivery of products that meet or exceed customer requirements and expectations
- Lead and guide others in the development of GN&C, simulation and related tools and techniques
- Assure timely, cost effective solutions for program and engineering issues, present recommendations and implementation status to leadership and customers
- Lead, organize and resolve cross-divisional problems
- Lead new business development efforts and the definition of technology roadmaps
- Work under consultative supervision, coach other engineers and leaders
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors degree or higher
- 10 years or more experience with aircraft, missile, spacecraft, autonomous platform or similar vehicle Guidance, Navigation or Control systems
- 4 years or more experience using Matlab/Simulink or MatrixX to model systems
- 4 years or more experience in computer programming using C, C++, C, Ada or other engineering programming languages
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Highly Preferred: Current active Secret U.S. Security Clearance
- Experience with simulation and / or system/component modeling
- Experience or coursework with Kalman Filter design or other estimation techniques
- Experience with implementing algorithms in real time systems
- Experience with autocoding of software
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years related work experience, Master+12 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is provided for qualified candidates.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.