At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Phantom Works creates the next generation products and services for the Boeing Defense, Space & Security business. We work with proprietary customers in the development of the the next-generation technologies in space. Phantom Works focuses on rapid prototyping to demonstrate a host of mission-focused technologies for a variety of customers. Our group works all facets of engineering from technology investment, concept development, proposal writing, requirements and design, build, integration, test, and demonstration of products in their relevant environments.
We are seeking a senior-level Guidance Navigation and Control Engineer with experience in satellites in support of our Kent, WA location.
This is a union represented position.
- Develop and verify relative navigation algorithms
- Develop and verify spacecraft control algorithms
- Analyze and verify performance of hardware components for navigation and controls
- Perform detailed system design and verification activities
- Support system level integration and validation
- Analyze system level performance
- Leads and performs analyses and trades in support of a rapid prototype system
- Manages performance of critical suppliers to ensure subsystem compliance and delivery
This position will report to the Resilient Space Technologies group and partner closely with the Space and Launch division located in El Segundo, California.
A successful candidate must be willing to stretch beyond their experience base and to take risks to achieve objectives. This position is best suited to individuals who are self starters, highly motivated, work well in fast paced multi-discipline team environments, and are able to work with quick decisions for the best interest of the business. This person is recognized as a expert in process development and qualification, physical and functional integration and installation design and resolving supplier technical issues.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This position requires an active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.) Preferred candidate must hold a current (within the last 5 years) final Top Secret/SSBI clearance or an equivalent. Boeing Security will validate clearance level.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience with guidance and navigation
- Experience in supplier technical evaluation and technical performance management
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in development, build and test of small and medium-sized spacecraft
- Experience in a dynamic rapid prototyping environment
- 7+ years of experience with guidance and navigation of a spacecraft is desired
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years related work experience, Master+7 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.