At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking a Senior Level Systems Safety Engineer (Level 5) to be primarily responsible for System Safety Unit Member accountabilities within the BDS Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) Organization Designation Authorization (ODA). Secondary responsibilities will include System Safety Engineering tasking supporting the BDS product family. This position is located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
Please provide your FAA Consultant Designated Engineering Representative (DER) number and any applicable coordinates on your resume.
- Leads as an ODA Unit Member, first level of Issue resolution of ODA certification issues.
- Reviews and approves certification compliance data on behalf of the FAA under the Organization Designation Authorization.
- Works directly with the IPT on findings of compliance.
- Supports Program Certification planning.
- Works directly with the FAA when needed to support ODA initiatives.
- Provides regular status reports to Program Management and the ODA.
- Provides expert industry insight by leading industry/regulator activities to develop proposals for aviation regulatory and safety requirements that affect the design, production and operation of aircraft.
- Monitors potential new regulations and communicates impact throughout the Enterprise as appropriate.
- Assists in the development of long term strategic goals in development of a safe and efficient global transportation system.
- Leads the development of certification related processes, tools and procedures and benchmarks industry practices to continuously improve the performance of certification tasks, including safety data management.
- Delivers training in the use of new processes, tools, and procedures.
- Oversees the development of multiple and complex certification plans, including providing technical ownership as appropriate, and negotiates changes required in order to secure approval of certification plan by regulatory agencies.
- Oversight includes reviewing the plan to assure it is complete, complies with certification basis and is coordinated with suppliers and partners.
- Approves certification plans on behalf of the regulator when authorized.
- Mentors and trains others in risk management methods.
- Develops new risk analysis processes, methods and tools.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
Must currently hold an FAA ODA Unit Member (System Safety) qualification; Please provide your FAA Consultant Designated Engineering Representative (DER) number and any applicable coordinates on your resume.
- Experience managing or leading a system safety engineering program team or a team with the responsibility of performing the system safety function
- Experience with risk management
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Active Secret US Security Clearance
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD + 9 years related work experience, Master + 12 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Referral to this job is eligible for bonus.