The Boeing Company is currently seeking a Senior Mechanical System Design Engineer.
- Develop and verify space vehicle mechanical design.
- Analyze and verify mechanical performance of hardware components a vehicle.
- Perform detailed system design and verification activities.
- Support system level integration and validation.
- Analyze system level performance.
- Perform analyses and trades in support of a rapid prototype system.
- Manages performance of critical suppliers to ensure subsystem compliance and delivery.
This is a SPEEA represented position
Work locations will include sites that are within ~10 miles of Tukwila, WA
The Basic Relocation Plan applies to this requisition (as authorized) for eligible candidates only.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Bachelors of Science degree in Aerospace, Civil or Mechanical Engineering.
- 9 years or more of experience in spacecraft mechanical design.
- 5 years or more of experience in supplier technical evaluation and technical performance management.
- Must possess a current (within the last 5 years) final Top Secret security clearance
A successful candidate must be willing to stretch beyond their experience base and to take risks to achieve objectives. This position is best suited to individuals who are self-starters, highly motivated, work well in fast paced multi-discipline team environments, and are able to work with quick decisions for the best interest of the business.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- Experience in development, build and test of small and medium-sized spacecraft
- Experience in a dynamic rapid prototyping environment
- Experience working on proprietary programs with a variety of Government entities in a classified environment
- SSBI (Single Scope Background Investigation) highly desired
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years related work experience, Master+7 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
At Boeing we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.