Senior Product Engineer
DRS Technologies •
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.LeonardoDRS.com.
Senior Product Engineer
Involved with the analysis, design, development and implementation of new and/or existing systems/sub-systems. May include Architectural Design, Requirements Engineering, or others. Determines system specifications. Supports acquisition of hardware and software (or subcontractor services as needed). Responsible for leading group of engineers on a technical activity and completion of activity on time and budget. This is a hands on position where you will design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems. May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments. Ability to lead a technical group independently.
Primary & Essential Accountabilities
- Responsible for leading group of engineers on a technical activity and completion of activity on time and budget
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments. Ability to lead a technical group independently
- Lead the Qualification Test and Conformance Inspection efforts of product line
- Review customer specifications and requirements, and under direction develops designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Perform root cause analysis and recommend corrective action, participate in Failure Review Board
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Drive the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Develop prototypes to retire key development risks
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
- Participates in preparation of proposals
- Provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Lead and direct the work of others as assigned
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Attend appropriate engineering, customer or business meetings
- Lead less experienced engineers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical field with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Fluency in technologies and application domain
Leonardo DRS and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #EOIS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC