As a Senior Satellite DSP Subsystems & Algorithms Engineer (Level 5), you will design and develop state-of-the-art, space-based communication systems for commercial, civil and/or national security programs. You will actively drive a highly-motivated team that works with domestic or international customers on their latest satellite systems.
Project assignments typically span the unit life cycle, from internal trades, concept studies and system definition, to satellite unit development and test. Candidates will belong to or lead a systems engineering team interacting with customers, suppliers, program management, integration and test engineers, and senior technologists.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
- Designing and developing next generation RF and digital satellite communication systems
- Developing and verifying multi-rate, fixed-point signal processing algorithms
- Conducting performance analysis of signal processing models
- Performing waveform development and characterization
- Performing trade studies
- Supporting integration ant test of our payloads and spacecraft from unit level through in-orbit operations
- Supporting HDL-level design and verification
- Performing detailed system design and verification activities
- Leading teams
- Leading IR&D activities
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active/current U.S. Security Clearance with successful completion of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within the last 5 years (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic (Required) Qualifications
- Qualified candidates must have demonstrable experience in one or more of the following: digital communication theory and systems, digital signal processing (DSP), algorithm design and implementation, or systems engineering principles.
- 5+ years of experience with Matlab or Simulink.
- 10+ years of experience in Digital Signal Processing or Digital Communications.
- 5+ years of experience in systems engineering concepts (requirements definition, allocation, verification, architecture design and trade design).
- 5+ years of experience working with FPGAs or ASICs.
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications
- Experience with lab equipment (oscilloscope, waveform generator, spectrum analyzer).
- Experience leading teams of engineers.
Bachelors 14 or more years experience, Masters with 12 or more years experience or PhD with 9 or more years experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or physics.