The Boeing Company is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for SLS Ground Systems and Integration Development located in Huntsville, Alabama. This positions focus is the development/maturation of the SLS Avionics boxes Models and Simulations. The candidate will lead work with stakeholder and team to develop and mature the models and simulations of the avionics boxes for SLS Core Stage 2, Exploration Upper Stage and future core stages.
- Lead testing, anomaly resolutions, validation of models and simulations, and model configuration tailoring for the variant software development and test asset platforms (e.g. computers, communication architecture).
- Conduct program independent reviews and reports results to program leadership.
- Provide critical support of fielded software over the entire product lifecycle.
- Lead research into technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
- Make recommendations for technology investments.
- Maintain a robust and auditable software version release process, to include problem reporting and resolution, Corrective and Preventative Action reporting.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required.
- Software development expertise in a Linux/Redhawk CentOS environment
- Software development expertise in a Windows Environment
- Computer HW and Software (Driver/Firmware) expertise in troubleshooting platform conflicts and anomalies and driving and delivering effective resolutions
- Scrum leader or team leader in an Agile software development environment
- Multiple years or Experience with Software control applications such as Subversion, PCVS VersionOne, QT, Parasoft
- Experienced with anomaly reporting and resolution, Change Management, Non Conformance Reporting and Resolution.
- Application experience at a proficient to expert level with RF communications, 1553 communications, 422 communications, RTOS, Interrupt Timing and/or GPS
- Application experience with Models and Simulation development, to include validation of the simulation, as well as the calibration of the simulation for actual hardware performance/function comparative testing and analysis.
- Experience working on SLS program and with SLS avionics hardware and software is desirable.
- Experience in space industry and with equivalent products is desirable.
- Experience across a breadth of disciplines including hardware, software, systems and test is desirable.
Relocation is available for eligible candidates (as authorized).
At Boeing we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.