Senior Software Engineer
Boeing Company •
**THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TS/SCI WITH POLY CLEARANCE**
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics ("BI&A"), a subsidiary of The Boeing Company, is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join their top-tier development team.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems.
- Processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolves software problem reports.
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 14 years’ experience as a Software Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university
- 4 years of additional Software Engineer experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with:
- Front-end experience
- UI/UX design
- Database work (concepts + ORM)
- Basic experience or understanding of Configuration Management
DESIRED EXPERIENCE (although NOT required):
- Cloud Experience:
- 3 years demonstrated work experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as Hbase, CloudBase/Acumulo, Big Table, etc.
- Shall have demonstrated work experience with the Map Reduce programming model and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, etc.
- Demonstrated work experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
- Demonstrated work experience with Serialization such as JSON and/or BSON
BI&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law (PDF)
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC