At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Perform system engineering and analysis of Kill Vehicle (KV) performance within the Ballistic Missile Defense Systems (BMDS), including mathematical modeling and simulation (M&S) in support of the Missile Defense Agency’s (MDA) mission area.
- The selected individual will operate in a team environment to develop operational concepts, functional requirements and performance requirements against evolving threats and countermeasures.
- Coordinate within MDA and across industry to evaluate and bring leading-edge techniques and sensor (IR, RF) capabilities into the BMDS system for consideration.
- May lead M&S tasks that support end-to-end performance analysis of the BMDS.
- Lead development, updating, and benchmarking/anchoring of BMDS M&S tools to support system analysis tasks.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum technical bachelors degree
- Candidates must have a technical background in KV functionality and performance
- Candidates must also possess demonstrated numerical M&S capability using a high-level programming language such as MATLAB, Python, FORTRAN, C++ or similar language and/or demonstrated strong skills analyzing output from performance M&S
- Candidate must demonstrate ability to think critically to develop and capture concepts in technical papers, presentations, and discussions
- Systems engineering experience with large complex systems is required
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years related work experience, Master+12 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.