At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Missile Defense Agency National Team – Engineering (NT-E) Integrated Discrimination Decision Logic (IDDL) technical director.
- Technical Director for a team that performs simulation-based end-to-end functional and performance analysis of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) supporting the systems engineering development process for the Missile Defense Agency (MDA).
- Individual will provide technical leadership for the team, perform MDS performance analyses utilizing large-scale complex BMDS Modeling and Simulation tools, and extract significant conclusions from the results to support system engineering discrimination products for MDA.
- Individual will also lead development, updates, and benchmarking/anchoring of MDS M&S tools, as necessary to support system level analysis and discrimination tasks.
- Individual will coordinate analysis activities and products with functional group leads, senior management, and government personnel responsible for executing analysis tasks.
- The individual will be responsible for team products including reports and briefings to be presented to senior NT-E and MDA representatives.
Individual must have a technical background in Systems Engineering and Analysis including system performance analysis and numerical modeling / simulation, using a high-level programming language such as MATLAB, Python, Java, FORTRAN, or similar language environment. Individual must have analysis experience in discrimination phenomenology, methods, and techniques. Individual must have experience in aspects of the BMDS (e.g., Aegis Weapons Systems, Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD), Fire Control (FOM, GFC), C2BMC, BMDS sensors (EO/IR/RF), kill vehicles, interceptors, countermeasures, counter-countermeasures, or threats). Individual must have experience in any of the following domains: system concept trade studies, requirements analysis, feasibility analysis, system performance measures of effectiveness analysis, EO/IR sensors, RF/Radar sensors, missiles/interceptors, ICBM / hypersonic / MRM / SRM threats, detection/tracking, or Command and Control (e.g., C3I, C4I, etc.). Individual must possess good communication skills and demonstrated experience leading a team of talented engineers to perform highly technical work, and communicating significant results to senior management, executives, and government personnel.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
Desired qualifications include element-level experience with Analysis, Assessment, or Verification and familiarity with BMDS Performance Tier 1 Metrics (PES, DA, LAD, RSC, etc). Systems engineering experience with large, complex systems. Experience with modeling and simulation of exoatmospheric and endoatmospheric target phenomenology (e.g. Optical Signatures Code, TASAT, DELTAS, XPATCH, etc.), atmospheric effects (e.g. MODTRAN, HITRAN, etc.), long range EO/IR sensors, RF/Radar sensors, and directed energy is highly desired. Experience with discrimination analysis and fusion (e.g. Project Hercules, relevant National Laboratory activities, etc.) is also highly desired.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum bachelors degree.
- This position requires previous leadership experience with systems engineering processes and their implementations to include requirements development and analysis, architecture databases/tools (e.g., DOORS and System Architect), and documentation (e.g., specifications and interface control documents).
- Also, requires experience in project planning and scheduling, cost and schedule management.
- Must have experience working in close coordination and partnership with government sponsors while understanding the dynamics of developing products within a diverse team of multiple contractors and customers.
- Broad Systems Engineering background with strong coordination, communication and horizontal integration skills are required.
- Experience in leading a systems engineering team in collaboration and approval of engineering products through engineering reviews and engineering milestone events is required.
- Requires demonstrated leadership experience integrating the BMDS or other large scale DoD weapons systems.
- Ability to develop, coordinate, and communicate plans and actions; including ability to lead and perform analysis across multiple sub-systems; experience applying sound systems engineering practices to integration of a system while thoroughly identifying critical system focus areas, interdependencies and technical/schedule disconnects and their proposed resolution.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Active Top Secret Clearance is highly desired
Experience with BMDS elements (e.g., DE, BC, GM and AB) and weapon system development capabilities is highly desired
System experience and versatility in several BMDS functional areas (i.e., BMDS related sensors, weapons, battle management and command, control, communications) are desirable
Technical experience with BMDS Elements and their integration including: defining integration objectives, writing integrations plans and strategies, resolving technical systems integration issues and reporting integration results
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 20 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+15 years related work experience, Master+18 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.