Senior Systems Engineer
DRS Technologies •
Advanced Acoustic Concepts, LLC, a joint venture between Leonardo DRS and Thales USA, is a technical leader in the fields of sonar systems, sonar signal processing, acoustic training systems, and open architecture system and software integration. The venture focuses on emerging areas in the undersea warfare domain where the customer has identified mission-critical needs. For additional information about Advanced Acoustic Concepts, please visit our website at http://www.aaccorp.com.
Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Job Location: Hauppauge, NY
Position Summary: Responsible for driving technology and completion of activity on time and budget. Experience in signal processing and algorithm development highly preferred. Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems. Ability to complete a technical project independently and mentor and coach other engineers. Involved with the analysis, design, development and implementation of new and/or existing systems/sub-systems. May include Architectural Design, Requirements Engineering, or others. Determines system specifications. Supports acquisition of hardware and software (or subcontractor services as needed).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for technical activity and completion of assigned task on time and budget
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems including advanced signal processing techniques.
- May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments. Ability to work independently, regular reporting of progress and status
- Review customer specifications and requirements, and under direction develops designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
- Develop prototypes to retire key development risks
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
- Participates in preparation of proposals
- Provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Involved with the analysis, design, development and implementation of new and/or existing systems/sub-systems.
- May lead a group of engineers or acting as the designated systems engineer on a technical activity and completion of activity on time and budget
- May include System Architectural Design.
- Determines system specifications, supports acquisition of hardware and software (or subcontractor services as needed).
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related technical field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in signal processing, algorithm development, system/software development or related fields.
- Knowledge of underwater acoustics, sonar, or similar technologies
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
Additional Desirable Skills:
- Defense industry experience preferred
- Current Secret Clearance highly preferred
- Software systems architecture
- DOORS, Architecture frameworks (DODAF)
AAC works on a 9/80 compressed work schedule, where employees work 80 hours in 2 weeks, and off every other Friday.
- Lifting up to 20 lbs up to 25% of the time
- Sitting up to 75% of the time
- Walking up to 25% of the time
- Climbing, bending, standing, sitting up to 10% of the time
Advanced Acoustic Concepts, LLC; DRS Technologies, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #MCSS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC