Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.LeonardoDRS.com.
Senior Systems Engineer
Job Location Melbourne, FL
The Senior Systems Engineer reports to the Systems Engineering Manager and is responsible for performing systems requirements, design, analysis, integration, and verification and validation activities for assigned EO/IR projects/products.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with the Project Engineers, Lead Systems Engineers, Design Engineering, Systems Verification, Manufacturing Engineering and Quality Assurance in an Integrated Project Team organizational framework to successfully execute design, integration, verification and validation of EO/IR products.
- Perform effective risk management, including development and test of prototypes and confidence units to proof-out design objectives.
- Drive project design-to-cost objectives.
- Create technical instructions, engineering plans, technical designs and other systems design and integration related documents, including Systems Engineering Plans and Interface Control Documents.
- Support verification and validation of EO/IR products.
- Support or lead as assigned root cause and correction action investigations to solve technical problems.
- Support implementation of new features and functions into EO/IR products.
- Perform product development and integration activities using system engineering processes as specified in both contracts and company command media.
- Work closely with Design Engineering project team members to ensure that all external and internal hardware, software, and human factors interfaces are defined, and that all design risks are managed.
- Provide technical assistance and support to customer program office and end user.
Required Education and Work Experience
The Senior Systems Engineer position is highly technical in nature. The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science or Mathematics is required; a Master’s degree in a STEM-related field is desired.
- Minimum of seven years applicable work experience is required. Of that, a minimum of four years experience in a Systems Engineering role encompassing requirements development, systems design and analysis, systems integration, and product verification and validation is required.
- Experience in electro-mechanical product design engineering or analysis is required. Experience with EO/IR technology and products is desired.
The individual should possess the following:
- Strong customer focus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to make informed decisions.
- Work effectively both individually and as a member of a high performance team.
- Ability to meet aggressive timelines.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to decipher highly technical data.
- Ability to multi-task in an evolving project environment.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Experience with DOORS desired.
- Experience with MatLab desired.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, both written and oral.
Citizenship and Security
- Must be a US person.
- Must currently possess or be able to obtain a security clearance.
- Position may require occasional domestic travel.
Leonardo DRS and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. LEL