Service/Propulsion Engineer - GA
HSGI, Inc. •
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Applicants without aviation and/or turbofan engine experience will NOT be considered.
Engine Test and supporting systems:
• Support of test cell calibration and maintenance of correlation IAW industry standard and OEM requirements;
• Use of statistical analysis to perform test data trending for maintenance of product quality and test cell correlation;
• Test cell availability monitoring and budgeting for maintenance and upgrades;
• Development of specifications and system requirements for test cell mechanical, software and data acquisition systems;
• Support on-going implementation of test cell modernization efforts in collaboration with Central Engineering;
• Interface with OEM to clarify and document engine test requirements and overhaul manual test instructions;
• Modification or creation of data acquisition and control software for gas turbine engine testing;
• Application of statistical uncertainty analysis to test and calibration data and also to the specification of test cell
• Analyze incoming and outgoing on-wing and test cell performance/vibration test data sets and correcting detected discrepancies and
• Support technicians performing incoming and outgoing engine on-wing and/or test cell performance runs, vibration surveys and fan
• Accept or reject engines based upon performance data set analysis;
• Provide work scope to improve performance if required; Parts inspection, work scope definition and
other general items around the engine operation:
• Gas turbine performance degradation associated with part condition, geometric variation, manufacturing and repair tolerances and
• Tracking and monitoring of baseline engine performance and post overhaul performance for support of work scope optimization;
• Relating shop data such as build specifications, geometric inspections and materiel disposition (new, overhauled, and repaired) to engine test results to support work scope optimization;
• Application of advanced knowledge and experience to support disposition of engine components with respect to air-worthiness
• Application of advanced knowledge of engineering principles to support process improvements and provide recommendations for
• Act as technical liaison with Central Engineering to propagate best practices between company facilities and product lines;
• Act as engine OEM liaison for: OEM initiated requests for information; SA initiated OEM Publication Variance requests; SA initiated OEM product / publication improvement requests; SA initiated OEM requests for guidance;
• Support special processes:
- Shot peen per AMS2430; industry standards for welding and corrosion treatment;
- Fleming AF-16 and AF-36 flow rigs, master nozzles and tools; master EFA trending per Honeywell SIL;
- Maintain wheel leakage mass flow rig;
- In-flight cabin acoustic analysis – customer noise complaints;
• Prepare reports to:
- document the disassembly of engines which have experienced an in-service failure and to describe the conclusions as to the failure root cause and corrective action
- document findings as required by customer contract/request;
- acquire digital photographs for reports;
• Initiate and support continual improvement projects, process control improvement and work instruction creation to support special
• Respond to customer calls and inquiries regarding engine technical issues;
• Initiate and support minor component repair as allowed by FAR part 145;
Position Requirements: • Engineering degree – mechanical or aerospace; FAA A&P License preferred.
• Vision requirements as recommended by ATA specification;
• Demonstrated ability to apply analytical problem solving skills in a practical setting.
• Demonstrated ability to independently identify and prioritize tasks according to customer commitments and company objectives.
• Act as a technical leader and champion for application of modern technology to shop processes;
• Familiarity with company tools, processes and software systems. Microsoft Office Suite expertise;
• Significant experience in the operation, maintenance and repair of test cell data acquisition and control systems.
• Significant experience with gas turbine engine testing, performance analysis, test cell correlation.
• Demonstrated ability to articulate complex technical concepts to a wide audience with varying technical backgrounds;
• Be able to walk throughout the Facility, climb, bend, and lift;
• Be able to hold tools and parts and be able to manipulate a computer keyboard and telephone handset;
• Experience with Honeywell propulsion engine and APU products;
Only Serious Qualified Candidates Apply
Email resume to Mandy@hsgi-inc.com
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)