Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training and supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries, including multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.
Title: Software Engineer (SWE III)
Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems built by the F/A-18 Mission Planning team. Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system. Supports software project management. May develop, select, tailor and deploy software processes, tools and metrics. Performs software research and trade studies. Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and/or regulations. Works under general direction. Follows company software standards and processes.
- Develops, maintains and unit tests code by utilizing software development environments and programming languages (C++ & C) in order to implement design and satisfy allocated requirements. •
- Develops, documents and maintains designs for software consistent with the defined architecture and requirements/regulations by applying established methods and practices.
- Contributes to building large scale software systems.
- Troubleshoots and investigates difficult problems across software components.
- Evaluates proposed solutions to problems.
- Performs architectural trade studies, contributes to the development documentation and maintenance of software architectures.
- Participates in internal and/or external architecture reviews.
- Provides data, recommendations, and estimates for software component level project planning including corrective action plans.
- Participate in requirement team and peer reviews as a presenter and evaluator.
- Performs software requirements change assessment and provides a technical interface to requirements change-assessment meetings.
- Develop, select, tailor and deploy processes and tools; establish metrics; and utilize regulations and industry standards.
- Provides subject matter expertise to other technical and support personnel.
- Supports operational and integration issue resolution for specific software systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Typical Education and/or Experience Qualifications for Software Engineer III:
Bachelor’s degree with 5 or more years experience, Master’s degree with 3 or more years experience or PhD degree with experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Working knowledge of C++, C, SVN and JIRA in a .NET environment.
- Experience with full lifecycle processes and standards.
- Experience with Agile development.
- Prior Mission Planning and/or F/A-18 avionics experience.
- Active DoD SECRET clearance preferred.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.