As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work as an integral part of our Continuous Integration Platform team delivering exciting new features for our Autonomous System products. The ideal candidate has extensive DevOps knowledge and experience developing in managed modern cloud based environments using agile development processes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The specific focus for the DevOps Engineer is on automation and optimization of the development and platform management lifecycle, including:
- Develop and sustain Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines for automated deployment of the highly available, mission critical cloud or enterprise platform product software for integration and test
- Create scripts and templates to build development systems
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Ten (10) to Fifteen (15) or more years working in DevOps or software development.
- US Citizen and the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
Desired Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration and shell scripting
- Extensive experience with a public cloud provider, ideally Amazon Web Services
- Experience with automation and configuration management using either VMware, Puppet, Kubernetes, or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Amazon Web Services certification highly desired
- Strong experience with SQL and NoSQL data stores
- Software process automation with popular scripting languages (Bash, Python, or Node.js)
- Experience in developing code in at least one high-level programming language, C++ or Java
- Source, build/release, and configuration management in a continuous integration & delivery environment using Atlassian tool-stack
- Experience in automation and testing via scripting/programming (FitNesse or an equivalent)
- Understanding of Agile and other development processes and methodologies
- Application performance analysis and monitoring
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years related work experience, Master+7 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation is not being offered and it is not a negotiable benefit.