Software Engineer (Vehicle Operations)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (VEHICLE OPERATIONS)
As a Software Engineer on the Flight Software Vehicle Operations team, you will develop, analyze and verify the mission critical software configurations that fly our rockets. You will partner cross-functionally to ensure software is configured to each missions specifications and needs. You will be responsible for ensuring the vehicle behaves as expected, and troubleshoot flight software when necessary. You will have a direct impact on our ability to launch rockets frequently, safely and reliably.
- Develop, execute, and analyze the software configuration and state machines for the software systems that fly our rockets
- Invent new tools that enable more frequent and reliable software deployment, automated data review, and automated configuration verification
- Analyze test results and bugs that require in-depth investigations
- Hands-on integration and troubleshooting of flight hardware/software systems
- Work closely with the software development team to roll out new software changes to the vehicle fleet
- Occasional travel to launch sites and customer sites for testing and/or operations
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or science discipline OR 2+ years of experience in software development
- Development experience with a programming language, such as Python, Perl, Ruby, MATLAB, C/C++
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Basic knowledge of electronics, controls, motor design, and physical mechanics
- Fluency in Linux, including:
- Bash shell scripting
- Network troubleshooting
- Experience building or working with real-time embedded systems
- Experience with software documentation, creating system diagrams, and enumerating software requirements
- Knowledge of state machines
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC