Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training and supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 600 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries, including multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.
Title: Software Engineer IV
Location: Niceville, FL
Leads activities to develop, document and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for Weapon Planning Software products in support of Tapestry’s Weapons and Unmanned Systems mission planning team. Leads development of code and integration of complex software components into a fully functional software system. Provides technical leadership for software projects and will be a key contributor to the development of Mission Planning software products. Leads development, selection, tailoring and deployment of processes, tools and metrics. Plans, executes and documents software projects. May track and evaluate software team to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards. Works under minimal direction. Follows and may contribute towards company software standards and processes.
- Strong background and expertise with C development and Visual Studio.
- Extensive experience developing object-oriented applications using .NET framework design patterns
- Experience leading and participating in Agile software development teams
- Ability to maintain and extend existing software products and to design, code & test newly developed code and applications
- Excellent written communication skills for producing deliverable documentation, reports and emails
- Proven high level of productivity & professionalism
- Leads the development, documentation and maintenance of software architectures in order to meet customer, technical, and/or regulatory requirements, quality objectives, and constraints specific to the applicable domain and available technology.
- Insures application of best practices.
- Develops, documents and maintains designs for software consistent with the defined architecture and requirements/regulations by applying established methods and practices.
- Participates in internal and external design reviews.
- Provide or support technical leadership for project management including schedules, plans, and estimates.
- Prioritizes tasks and leads reviews.
- May assist project managers with risk management and progress reviews.
- May develop corrective action plans.
- Supports the development of software requirements and algorithms.
- Defines external interfaces. Leads software requirements trade studies.
- May perform software requirements change assessment.
- Supports requirements team lead in negotiating software interfaces and requirements.
- Participates in the development of fundamental approaches to projects and requirements for implementation.
- Leads development, maintenance and unit tests for software by utilizing software development environments and programming languages in order to implement design and satisfy allocated requirements.
- Leads peer reviews.
- Leads integration/test efforts of complex systems, applying comprehensive knowledge of system domain areas to resolve complex integration issues.
- Performs defect investigations.
- Creates overall integration plans.
- Lead development, selection, tailoring and deployment of processes and tools; and utilizes regulations and industry standards.
- Leads process reviews.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining research directions.
- Leads proposal efforts for particular domain areas and technology transfers.
- Pursues new research opportunities with internal and external organizations.
- Lead or provide subject matter expertise to other technical and support personnel.
- Supports issue resolution for specific software systems.
- Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced employees.
- May be client facing engineer who will travel to customer sites directly supporting Company applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Typical Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelors and 9 or more years experience, Masters with 7 or more years experience or PhD with 4 or more years experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard. Ability to obtain a Secret DoD clearance.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Strong experience with developing with C and .NET
- Hands on experience with Visual Studio
- Prior experience with Jenkins in a build environment
- Agile software development methodology
- Earned Value Management (EVM) techniques
- Continuous Integration
- SAFe Agile
- Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Mission Planning domain
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.