Boeing is the largest Defence and Aerospace Company in the world, with Defence, Space and Security capabilities that connect, protect and inspire our customers from Space to the Seabed.
In addition to supporting our portfolio of Air Platforms and Programmes in the UK, we research, develop, deliver and support capabilities across growing adjacencies including Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, Training and Simulation, Cyber and Security and Intelligence.
We have a number of exciting opportunities for Software Engineers to join our Mission Systems group, responsible for Software Engineering, Sub-Systems Design and Advanced Technologies for requirements across our growing business.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to join an agile and diverse engineering capability satisfying a variety of business requirements across our portfolio of platforms and programmes, with a specific focus on close collaboration with our Government Services and Security and Intelligence customers.
Initial responsibilities will include:
• Design and development of high quality contemporary software applications in cloud based agile projects, leveraging containerization technologies with continuous integration and delivery
To be successful you will have:
• Be a mission orientated, passionate, collaborative and capable software engineer, familiar with contemporary industry best practice software development methods, tools and practices
• Tertiary qualifications in Software Engineering/Computer Science, or a complementary degree
• Experience developing software in one or more of C++, Java or Python
• Familiarity with source code control and document configuration management systems
Experience with some or all of the following is desirable:
• Systems Engineering and / Solutions Architecture methodologies; including Model Based
• Experience integrating contemporary big data technologies
• Software and Systems Test methodologies and tools
• Experience of developing software for Secure Government or Commercial Cyber domains
While we work in agile, faced-paced and dynamic environments, your Wellbeing is important to us and we strive to find a healthy life balance and ethical team culture with a strong emphasis on openness, collaboration, innovation, safety and first time quality.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be able to meet the appropriate requirements to gain a UK Security Clearance (SC) with the potential of Developed Vetting (DV). Relocation assistance is not offered and benefits and payroll are determined at the local level and are not part of U.S. based payroll